Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenloft - Aedd Macdonnell

2 posters

Go down

Ravenloft - Aedd Macdonnell Empty Ravenloft - Aedd Macdonnell

Post by ^^Truth 17th January 2009, 5:19 am

Ravenloft - Aedd Macdonnell Aedd

Aedd Macdonnell

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 12
Consitution: 15
Intelligence: 8
Wisdom: 13
Charisma: 10

Points Spent : 74 (subject to actual point system/approval/whatever.)

Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Monk
Level: 3rd
Exprience Points: ??

Hit Points : ??
Armour Class: 12 (+1 DEX, +1 WIS).
Base Attack Bonus: +2 (+3 STR, +2 Level).

Fortitude Save: +5
Reflex Save: +4
Will Save: +4

Class Specials.
: Bonus Feat: Improved Grapple.
: Bonus Feat: Improved Trip.
: AC Bonus: +WIS to AC.
: Flurry of Blows: Extra attack at full BAB. All attacks suffer -2 to hit.
: Unarmed Strike: Improved Unarmed Strike. Subdual or Lethal Damage. Deals 1d6 (+STR) damage.
: Evasion: No damage on successful reflex saves.
: Still Mind: +2 save bonus versus enchantment spells and effects.
: Fast Movement: +10' movement speed when unarmoured.

Feats.
: Endurance: General +4 bonus to checks made for sustained action.
: Diehard: Auto-stablise when reduced under 0 HP or remain conscious and take standard actions.
: Power Attack: Reduce BAB for equal damage (x2 if two-handed). (May change).
: Manifest: Ability to manifest in the real world. 1d20+Level+WIS. DC20.

Skills (16 points to spend in total [4+1-1*4]
: Climb: 3+0+1
: Jump: 2+1+1
: Knowledge (Geography): 1
: Perform (Story Telling): 3+1
: Profession (Skinner) 2
: Sense Motive: 1+1+1
: Survival: 2+1
: Swim: 2+0+1

Languages: Alba Common.

Sex: Male
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 98 kilos

Equipment.
: Axe of the Macdonnell Clan*
: Hunting Spear
: Skinning Knife.
: Bear-Fur Cloak.
: Tartan Trousers (3).
: Jar of Blue Woad (5).
: Salted Meats (4)
: Water Flask (2)
: Whiskey Bottle (1)
: Battered Iron Tankard.

Notes.

Okay. Background and ideas aside, mostly because I know nothing about the world and I know how I want the character to work, so I'd rather not waffle on about it for everyone to see right now.

The concept isn't a monk, whether you've guessed or not, it's more like a skald-type, without being a faggot bard, but it's primarily a warrior. He's basically a fighter, without the same old, same old build. Basically. Monks do unarmed damage, all I want is to use that unarmed damage, but potentially with a variety of anything near and around him, including weaponry, statues, buckets, broken bottles, chanderliers or whatever, it's basically an excuse for creative emoting and little else, when you think about it.

The guys a warrior, pure and simple really. I figure that he's part of this celtic elite warrior stock that, now with the world seeing so much peace, is spurned mostly as relics of the past and shunned a little, despite in the past the elite warrior stock he is part of achieving great things and changing the face of many battles.

Whilst fighters (PHB wise) train with tactics and swords, these guys mostly concentrate on peak fitness and mental agility. Think of a kinda berserker like group, that weren't insane germans and more like a law in chaos sort of thing. Like they don't so much get lost in battle and go nuts, as achieve a different state of mind once in battle and try to remain as calm and calculated as possible. Of course quick reactions can't be sniffed at.

Anyway, figure it's a rather grueling training, from 8-18 or whenever adulthood is gained in this land, lots of freezing environments, long tredges and harsh conditions, hence feats. Then you kill the wolf when you're 18 or something to finish the training and become a man. I guess, kinda spartan-like in theory, but none of those rules apply to him.

He's chatty, light-hearted and spirited, but not very bright haven't spent basically all his years learning to fight and survive. He's a good storyteller anyway and one of the most charismatic amongst in his warrior stock (which says a lot). Although don't mistake his lack of smarts for cunning in battle and war, that he is good at. Just don't give him a rubix cube unless you want it rammed up your hoop!

*Just an old family axe passed from father to son, once they've finished their combat training. It's of special significance to him, since his father is now dead and he has to pass it on to his son.

Last edited by ^^Truth on 20th February 2009, 11:00 am; edited 4 times in total
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Ravenloft - Aedd Macdonnell Empty Re: Ravenloft - Aedd Macdonnell

Post by The Dark Power 17th January 2009, 10:26 pm

Yep looks great, and excellent picture too. This isn't a type of character that had occurred to me but it fits perfectly. Kind of reminds me of the film the Last Samurai where the old warriors of the kingdom are slowly disappearing as society becomes more modern and civilised.

Would you maybe take a level of bard here and there on account of the storytelling aspect?

As for the rest, nothing much to add I'll be taking care of the hit points as discussed so you don't have to worry about that.

I put a comment in the Ravenloft thread about starting ability points so see what you think as well.

Only other thing is to think of a link to the Lord dude (Can't remember his name). Maybe it could be something like that as his father is now dead, he represents his clan and is thus called to meet with the lord on that basis.

Also, you don;t have to have one, but maybe some dark secret as to why ravenloft would want him would be cool, but obviously email me seperately about that.
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 18th January 2009, 9:38 pm

Bard levels? Why man? Is Perform (storytelling) not good enough to tell stories? Besides, apart from fucking up the monk class (which you cannot take any more levels in if you stop leveling it), he'd end up getting spells and stupid quasi spell-like abilities.

.. and he'd automatically become a fag and begin to perform fellatio on hobos.

Never seen the Last Samurai, but I did ask someone about it and yeah, it sounds pretty much like what's going on with this guy right now and his warrior caste.

Not sure what kinda PCs you were expecting? Perhaps more civilised ones?

As for 'Lord Dude', your explaination for why he knows him is fine. I basically didn't write one, because I know nothing about this 'Lord Dude', thus didn't even know where to begin.

I'll have a think about dark secrets and so on, but I don't expect to come up with anything, the guys almost bordering on lawful good.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 19th January 2009, 2:12 am

Simply cos you'd mentioned you might go for a bard previously so I thought you were attempting to carry across some aspects of that character.

Nah, simply that that type of character hadn't occurred to me, I wasn;t really expecting anything in particular.

And yeah the Lord guy is intentionally vague, all you need is a reason to be in his castle, so you don't really need to know much about him at all, except he's boss.
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 19th January 2009, 8:34 am

Oh right. Hehe.

I thought you were "suggesting" as a DM, that I take bard levels Very Happy

Okay, no problem, as long as it looks okay to you right now. I mean. I'm still considering making something else, so ya know.

Just let us know how many points are available.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 20th January 2009, 10:10 am

Yes you MUST be a bard!
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 20th February 2009, 10:59 am

Updated.

Does his whiskey refresh? Cos it's gonna be lonely without it =(
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 21st February 2009, 12:45 am

Ah, you'll have to see if you can find some negative malt ghost whiskey......;0)
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down