Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mung Daal - Planar Chef and Lawyer

4 posters

Go down

Mung Daal - Planar Chef and Lawyer Empty Mung Daal - Planar Chef and Lawyer

Post by ^^Truth 16th May 2010, 9:06 am

Mung Daal - Planar Chef and Lawyer Mund%20Daal

Mung Daal

Chaotic Neutral, Slaadi

"I Mung Daal. I born on prime place, take name of father host, yum, he taste good too! He chef, me like to cook, yum! So I hear great call, big chaos cally thing, like summon and start to reply, to go to home now, but, mmhh.. chicken... just one more chicken..."

Strength: 15 (17) +1 @ 4th (18)
Dexterity: 8
Constituion: 14
Intelligence: 13 (11)
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 11

Hit Points: 34 (2)
Armour Class: 10 (+2 monk wisdom, -1 size, -1 dodge)

Base Attack Bonus: +3

Flurry BAB: +1/+1
Flurry Adjusted: +5/+5 (-1 size, +4 strength, +1 feats)
Flurry Damage: 1d8+4/+1d8+4

Bite Attack: +2 (-1 size, -5 secondary attack, +1 feats, +4 strength)
Bite Damage: 2d8+2

Grapple: +16 (+3 BAB, +4 strength, +4 size, +5 feats)
Grapple Damage: 2d6+4

Fortitude Save: +4 (+7)
Reflex Save: +4 (+4)
Will Save: +4 (+7)

Reach: 10'
Movement Rate: 40' (+10' Monk)
Initiative: -1

Class Features.
1st. Bonus Feat (Improved Grapple), Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Strike (1d6+4 Claw, 2d6+2 Bite)
2nd. Bonus Feat (Deflect Arrows), Evasion
3rd. Still Mind. +10' Movement Rate
4th. Ki Strike (Magic), Slow Fall 20', Unarmed Strike (1d8+4 Claw, 2d8+2 Bite)

Feats.
Lucky (+1 all saves).
Weapon Focus (natural attacks).

Weapon Proficiencies. Club, crossbow (light or heavy), dagger, great club, handaxe, javelin, quarterstaff, sling.

Racial Modifiers.
Sonic Resistance 5.
Darkvision 60'.
Large Size.
Bite Attack (secondary. -5 BAB, half STR.)

Skills.
Climb - 2 (+6)
Diplomacy - 1 (+1)
Intimidate - 2 (+6/+10)
Jump - 1 (+9)
Knowledge, Law - 3 (+3)
Knowledge, Nature - 2 (+2)
Knowledge, Cartography - 3 (+3)
Profession, Cooking - 5 (+7)
Sense Motive - 2 (+4)
Spot - 2 (+4)
Survival - 3 (+5)
Swim - 1 (+5)

Languages: Planar Common, Slaad.

Gear.
Bag of Holding Type II.
- Filled with parchments, books, inks, cooking equipment, spices and much more low value stuff.

Background and Information.

Having failed dramatically to answer the call of chaos from Limbo and return to his true home to fully mature, Mung Daal - The name of the human host he burst from - failed to properly mature as a Slaad, developing little of the usual attributes of the Slaad.

After spending a while in his new home, eating much of the local wildlife and population - aided by the extensive cooking materials and books of his former host - Mung Daal decided his place in life was to the create the multiverses greatest and fullest cook book. Every species, in every style. He decided the joys of eating should be shared amongst everyone and that only the biggest and most complete catalogue would do.

Thus he set off.

Arriving in Sigil, Mung Daal found himself fascinated with the book-keeping and order of the Guvners, much like the order he puts into his own life work and decide to side up with the Guvners and begun training as a junior lawyer, mostly defending criminals and the guilty to get them off - his services free of charge. It's likely that Mung Daal's chaotic trait plays heavily into this, because he find it amusing to break down the law system from within, whilst actually following the laws themselves.

He's been called an anarchist. The sensates claim he should join them. Mung Daal likes wearing his nice lawyer robes however and sometimes eating key witnesses to get his clients off of charges.

Inbetween his lawyer work, Mung Daal travels haphazardly through random gates, to taste, eat and cook everything he finds and catalogue it all in his cook book, marking with them routes and locations to find the tastiest of herbs, spices and morsels.

Is he truely a Guvnor? Many think he's actually an anarchist, but no ties has even been found, maybe he is an anarchist in his own way, disrupting and corrupting the law system from within it, although he considers himself a Guvnor with a strong appreciation for the Society of Sensations.

One thing is to be sure, Mung Daal is one of the most lawful Slaad you will ever meet!

Mung Daal is currently annoying the hell out of senior Guvner judges and lawmakers by insisting and bringing to court legisation to control and curb the over-crowding of Sigil and safeguard it for the future. Sounds reasonable until you realise his way of doing this is to allow the eating of the homeless of Sigil. Unfortunately with his growing petition, there's little - lawfully - that the Guvners can do to ignore his case.

The case continues.

Last edited by ^^Truth on 22nd May 2010, 12:03 pm; edited 27 times in total
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Mung Daal - Planar Chef and Lawyer Empty Re: Mung Daal - Planar Chef and Lawyer

Post by illumination 16th May 2010, 10:21 pm

nice pic Smile

stick the rules up for it so we can have a look.

one solution is to raise the starting level to 6/7 which would be fine by me. im not sure we're on course for medium in power PCs mind....
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 17th May 2010, 5:54 am

Updated and I do believed finished Very Happy

Barring any issues (whether too weak or powerful) for the +0 ECL racial adjustment.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 18th May 2010, 12:23 am

Looks grand to me, the sigil background stuff is particularly helpful. Ill fire out a message on here somewhere before friday to set things up somewhat. You may be hearing from 'The right honourable fearless gentleman's explorers guild'.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 19th May 2010, 2:53 am

Fraternity of Order
(Guvnors)

Faction Philosophy. These folks are sure that everything's got laws. Mankind's got laws. Sigil's got laws. Even the Lower Planes got their laws. Now, once a body's got the laws down, he does pretty well, right? He knows how to use them to his advantage, and how to break them without getting caught. If everything's got laws, then there are laws for the whole birdcage - the planes and all that. And if everything's got laws, then those laws can be learned. See where this is going? Learn the laws of the planes and learn how to break 'em, how to use 'em to best advantage. Get to be a real blood, a pro, and a basher'd have real power.

Think of the things a body could do with the laws of the multiverse under his thumb. He could manipulate the very heart of things! It'd make magic seem like a lousy put-up, make a fellow who knew the dark of things a real high-up man. He could find the loopholes of the multiverse, the little spots not covered by any rules, where he could do what he wanted. He'd be tougher than the powers themselves!

'Course, it ain't that easy. The multiverse keeps its laws dark, where a body's not likely to find them. More than a few cutters have got themselves put in the deadbook trying to learn it all. Then there's the powers - it ain't likely they want any sod getting the secrets of more power than them.

So let all the other berks run around, looking for the meaning of the multiverse. It doesn't matter what it all means, because that won't tell a body how it all works. Knowing the operation of things - that's what's important. Who cares what it means when a blood can make it do what he wants?

So how's a fellow to find out? Knowledge - knowledge is power. It takes study, it takes searching. Sometimes a body's got to go out into the planes and look for the answers. Sometimes it takes science, study, and research. There are millions of laws to make this thing go, and the more a body knows, the more he can do.

Primary Plane of Influence. The cog-wheeled plane of Mechanus, where everything aspires to perfect order, is the stronghold of the Guvners. In Sigil, their headquarters is the City Courts.

Allies and Enemies. With their knowledge of laws, Guvners are considered useful by many. They're strong allies of the Mercykillers, who uphold laws, and they're close to the Harmonium. At the other extreme, the Xaositects and the Revolutionary League are both opposed to the Guvners. The Doomguard, while not an enemy, remains suspicious that the Guvners are trying to prolong the life of the multiverse.

Eligibility. The Fraternity of Order is open to all classes and races, but because of its highly structured view of life, all members must be lawful in alignment.

Benefits. With their incessant search for order in all things, the Guvners have a highly attuned sense of patterns. They can automatically comprehend languages once per day. Upon reaching 7th level, Guvners gain enough knowledge of the multiverse to use item once per day, regardless of class. Unlike the spell, the effect has a maximum duration of 24 hours.

Restrictions. Guvners believe in laws, though the rightness or wrongness of them often makes little difference. A Guvner won't knowingly break a law, unless he or she can find a legalistic loophole to avoid the penalty.

---

I don't have a 2e PHB to hand and I can't remember how Use Item actually worked. Someone needs to look this up to work out a conversion.
Tromador
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 21st May 2010, 9:52 am

Cheers Trom.

Where are you getting these from btw? Link plxkthxbye.

Also, anyone any clue what the frag Use Item does? I'm guessing something similiar to what use magic device does now? But naturally with fuck all chance of it going wrong.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 21st May 2010, 11:03 am

Downloading a torrent with all TSR books ever. I'll check the planescape books when they arrive and make sure the website I copied that from was correct. I can't find Use Item in the 2e PHB anywhere.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 21st May 2010, 11:22 am

how about:

comprehend langs as stated, UMD +10 and its a class skill.

downside remains the same.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 21st May 2010, 11:47 am

Right. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I shall rewrite the sentence as written in the "A Player's Guide to the Planes".

Upon reaching 7th level in their chosen class, Guvners gain enough knowledge of the multiverse to use item once per day, regardless of class. Unlike the spell, the effect has a maximum duration of 24 hours.

See how the application of italics can change things?

Item
(Alteration)
Range: Touch Components: V, S, M
Duration: 4 hrs./level Casting Time: 3
Area of Effect: 2 cu. ft./level Saving Throw: Special

By means of this spell, the wizard is able to shrink one nonmagical item (if it is within the size limit) to 1/12 of its normal size. Optionally, the caster can also change its now shrunken composition to a clothlike one. An object in the possession of another creature is allowed a saving throw vs. spell. Objects changed by an item spell can be returned to normal composition and size merely by tossing them onto any solid surface or by a word of command from the original spellcaster. Even a burning fire and its fuel can be shrunk by this spell.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 21st May 2010, 11:52 am

heh. jesus.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 21st May 2010, 7:52 pm

Uhm. Wow, okay. I do remember that spell now. That's a bit bizarre, but I guess Very Happy

2 cubic foot? Fuck me. They had to be difficult.

Alright, cheers Trom.

Wtf is the point of this spell, seriously. I remember it from 2E and never knew the fucking point of it then either. No one I know ever memorised it or bothered to learn it. TSR had some weird ideas. I mean, I'm pretty sure this used to be a 4th level spell. 4th!
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 21st May 2010, 8:16 pm

I dunno - for making a robe of many things?

It's 2nd or 3rd, I forget which.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 21st May 2010, 8:21 pm

This doesn't matter and I care not, but does anyone want to swap out the "monk" weaponry from my class and give some basic alternatives? Axes or clubs or something maybe?

Here's the list.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency

Monks are proficient with club, crossbow (light or heavy), dagger, handaxe, javelin, kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, siangham, and sling.

Out of that, I think... nunchaku, sai, shuriken, siangham is a bit fubar. A kama is just like a sickle or axe or whatever. I don't really care anyway, the likelyhood of using weapons will be very low.

Although this "When using flurry of blows, a monk may attack only with unarmed strikes or with special monk weapons (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham)." maybe an issue.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 21st May 2010, 8:36 pm

They aren't the same though, you can trip with a kama and get disarm bonuses with nunchaku or sai.

I would imagine you are concerned about availability of these types of weapons. If you wanted to swap nunchaku for a club that's fine, but you'll lose the +2 disarm.

The siangham threatens crit less than other weapons with similar damage - which I presume is to balance out the flurry. How about swapping that for short sword, but if you flurry with it, then it has the same crit range as the siangham.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 21st May 2010, 8:50 pm

No. I'm not worried about the availability or power of the weapons, i comes down to the fact that the character isn't actually a monk, thus usuing all kinds of fancy exotic weapons makes no sense.

Grabbing some weapons like, I dunno, great club, spear, battleaxe or something like that makes more sense being he's a 8'-12' 800lb-1,600lb mashing machine and not a nimble chinese ninja guy.

I don't really mind. I'm not going to use the exotic weapons anyway, although I may occasionally throw a shield at someone like a shuriken Very Happy
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 21st May 2010, 9:00 pm

I'm not especially bothered. If you want to ditch the tiny monkey weapons for a couple of big ass two hander types that's fine by me.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 21st May 2010, 9:08 pm

Yeah. I just looked up the monk weapons to see what they were like, but of low-damage light crappy weaponry (I assume cos most monks go uber dex and weapon finesse).

I'll swap the lot for great club if that's okay. The only thing he'll likely do bone claws aside is grab stuff to hit people with and he has clubs, so great club finishes it off nicely.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 21st May 2010, 9:41 pm

Go for it.

I wish to note that a sturdy rolling pin can easily be pressed into service as a club.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 21st May 2010, 9:46 pm

Pie Golems run in terror... now!

Very Happy
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 21st May 2010, 11:07 pm

With your ingredient list, I'd be less worried about the commonly encountered pie golem and more worried about the unimaginable horrors dinner might evolve into during a couple of hours at gas mark 4.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 22nd May 2010, 4:30 am

the rules side of guvners will be something to do with knowing or manipulating planar conditions. erm.

what about.

The Fraternity of Order are so familiar with the laws of the multiverse, occasionally they can bend them to their benefit.

When making a save related to inhospitable planar conditions Guvners can reroll failures once per day.

so, 2nd save vs memory loss, cold, heat, acid rain, reversing gravity, madness, what have you.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 16th November 2010, 2:55 am

Digging this back up now. I'm not really concerned as being a guvner is more a roleplaying tool for Mung, but the bonus of making an object very small for a while seems very out of date and to be honest not really in the flavour of the faction at all.

I mean, Detect Lies works better and that's just off my head (but that's Mercy Killer I think). However the drawback, whilst it DOES apply to Mung, it doesn't fully since he makes up random crap to get out of it (bad lawyer?).

Anyway, happy to hear suggestions, although Mike's last is good too.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnBoy 16th November 2010, 3:57 am

So you fed up with Korr now?
JohnBoy
JohnBoy
ZzZzap! Spaceman!
ZzZzap! Spaceman!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 16th November 2010, 4:20 am

Not particularly. It's a long story mate.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down