Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korr

4 posters

Go down

Korr Empty Korr

Post by ^^Truth 9th July 2010, 10:30 pm

Korr Korr

"What defines mortal man? His strength, of his beliefs, of his body, of his mind, of his soul. His honour. His honour defines his loyalty, his morality, a man's ability to stand and be counter for, to be depended upon. Without strength, a man could not uphold his honour, without honour, no man can be truely strong."

True Neutral, Wood Elf Barbarian (4)
Faction: Undecided

Strength: 16 (18) +1@4th (19)
Charisma: 11
Dexterity: 14 (16)
Intelligence: 11 (9)
Constitution: 9 (7)
Wisdom: 13

Hit Points: 31 (max, max, max, 3, 9, 12, 10, 8, 12)
Armour Class: 13
Melee AB: +8
Ranged AB: +7

Fort Save: +4 (+2)
Reflex Save: +1 (+4)
Will Save: +1 (+2)

Class and Racial Bonuses:-
Barbarian Rage (Whirling Frenzy variant) 2/day
Fast Movement (40')
Uncanny Dodge
Trap Sense +1

Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects
Low-light vision
+2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks
An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it

Feats:-
Extended Rage (+5 rounds)
Point Blank Shot

Skills:-
Climb 3 (7)
Handle Animal 5 (6)
Jump 3 (11)
Listen 5 (8)
Ride 3 (6)
Spot 5 (8)
Survival 2 (3)
Swim 2 (6)

Equipment:-
Large bone-handled bowie knife
Efficient Quiver
-- Arrow Compartment
+ 20 standard arrows
+ 15 cold wrought iron arrows
+ 15 silver-tipped arrows
+ 5 oil soaked arrows
+ 5 barb headed arrows
-- Throwing Compartment
+ 10 javelins
-- Weapon Compartment
+ silver greatsword +1 (astral)
+ mighty composite longbow (+6)

Iron-toed hiking boots (brown, leather)
Cloth and fur pants (black/brown)
Loose tunic string-up (yellow, elven cloth)

Sa'arn. A savage barren land, devasted eons past by magical apocalypse, wiped of all intelligent life but the elves. Three burning suns look down aross the barrens, the sands, killing even the most sturdy of vegetation. The elves of Sa'arn live short, brutal lives. Nomadic in nature they travel by night, rest by day, ever in search of a new source of water, of food, all the while avoiding the other warring elven tribes, avoiding the predatory beasts that roam the wastelands. Korr's tribe was no different, nomadic by nature, constantly struggling with mere survival.

Brutal, barbaric and unforgiving. Evade those stronger than you, hunt those weaker. Raised by ritual. Proven by combat. Born into the warrior caste of his tribe, Korr future was set before him, to live by the blade and die by the blade. Near his twelth passing however the other tribes begun to vanish, to fade away without sign of combat, without struggle. The mystery to him and his tribe was one blazing day revealed in all it's horror...

It has been over two hundred years since Korr left his homeland and the rite of passage has left it's marks for eternity.

@5th
+7 HP
+1 BAB
+ Improved Uncanny Dodge
+3 Skill Points (intimidate+1, hide+1, sneak+1)

Equipment Gained: Oil-Slicked Cloak 5/- Acid Resistance.

@6th
+10 HP
+1 BAB, +1 attack a round
+1 Fortitude Save
+1 Reflex Save
+1 Will Save
+ Feat: Rapid Shot
+ Trap Sense +2
+3 Skill Points (listen+1, spot+1, survival+1)

Equipment Gained: +1 Bracers of Armour.

@7th
+8 HP
+1 BAB
+ Damage Reduction 1/-
+3 Skill Points (climb+1, listen+1, spot+1)

Equipment Gained: Yeti Skin Cloak 3/- Cold Resistance.

@8th
+6 HP
+1 BAB
+1 Fortitude Save
+1 Attribute: Wisdom
+ Rage 3/day
+3 Skill Points (climb+1, survival+1, swim+1)

Equipment Gained: +1 mighty compositite longbow of distance. (outlands)
Equipment Gained: 5 +2 arrows of silence (outlands)
Equipment Gained: 5 +2 arrows of screaming (outlands)

@9th
+10 HP
+1 BAB
+1 Reflex Save
+1 Will Save
+ Feat: Iron Will
+ Trap Sense +3
+3 Skill Points (listen+1, spot+1, survival+1)

Equipment Gained: None.

Last edited by ^^Truth on 5th November 2010, 7:22 am; edited 30 times in total
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Korr Empty Re: Korr

Post by Tromador 12th July 2010, 9:43 am

I'm not sure why you want a gimp constitution, which is the running theme in all three builds and am mindful of the nightmare of gimped hp on your sorcerer, much worse gimped HP on a combat class.

Having said that, of the three you presently have up, the barbarian is a nice concept, with the alternate rage, with a quick and dextrous barb being a nice change from the usual brutishness and the d12 hit die will mitigate the hp penalty quite well.
Tromador
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 12th July 2010, 10:22 pm

Well. The character builds there are really for myself, as I play around with it all. To note that the Goblin had only spent something like 19/28 built points and low constitution wasn't going to last the process.

The gimp constitution works with the Wood Elf idea, which #1 and #3 are and yes I'm liking #3 at the moment.

It's kinda tough, I need to build around everyone elses ideas a little, staying away from sneak attacks/traps when I can, also the group needs no more spellcasters with 3/4 already.

Lastly Zerty is still a big fuck off tank, so I've been trying to avoid making anyone too tough, more of a damage dealer, almost in the same role that Mung Daal was in. Although I fancied a bit of archer.

Been a kinda difficult process to be honest. Anyhow, I thought that what with d10 and d12 HP, the -2 constitution modifier wouldn't matter to much and to be honest, it's probably not a bad thing at all, as (Spam aside) it keeps the group closer in levels of HP.

Naturally Spam destroys any and all of that balance, but it's his job to take all the hits... unfortunately there isn't an agg system, so I have no idea how he plans on getting those hits when anything smart will just kill him last.

Anyway, it's coming along, slowly but surely.

Tar for the input.

Btw, did you change your mobile number? I tried to call you on Sunday regarding the UN/PW of the book archive, but got no answer or return call.

I found the UN/PQ eventually though, so all good.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 13th July 2010, 8:09 am

No mate number not changed and I received calls on it earlier in the day. Wierd. I'll drop you a text or something just to be sure.

As for taking hits, it's combat tactics. Not really different than Teramun putting his suit of plate armour between the monsters and Lilith.

Having said that, when faced with a zombie, a gith and a who knows what else, how you know what's the squishy isn't always straightforward.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 14th July 2010, 2:30 am

I didn't recieve a text or anything for the record. The thing with Teramun is that, that campaign took place inside a dungeon, which has limited space, thus it's easy to block off opponent to stop them reaching the back ranks.

Unfortunately most combats do not take place like that. Regardless, I'd say it's fairly obviously looking at the group that the full plated wearing, heavy shield bearing zombie (who are known to be tough anyway), is the toughest. So take him out last, innit!

That's what the PCs would do and you generally have to give intelligent opponents as much insight into battle or you're shortchanging not own them, but the PCs as well.

Anyway. I'm fairly nailed on for this idea, I may still make some changes yet and I do have a picture ready to rock and roll, but I'll have to deal with all that once I'm back from work.

I might -1 STR and either +2 CHA or +1 CHA and +1 WIS.

Willing to take some freeback anyway.

As for faction. I may well leave him as undecided, I.E. multiple views on how things work and blah blah or I may well pick something, the foremost is more likely however.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 14th July 2010, 4:49 am

I have now sent the promised text. Sorry, my heads not entirely screwed on right after a polish trucker rammed me on the M62 yesterday.

Anyway, I like this character with the all kinds of ammo Smile

As for combat, it's no different than any other party which has fighters and wizards. That's what D&D is and has always been, a big fighter encased in steel, a pissy wizard wearing a dress and various stuff in between, it really is same shit, different day - I'm not sure why you raise it for this group rather than any other.

I know my character, for example, is weak ass. That would be why his first move is generally to try and hide, followed up by sneak attacks on the helpless. Not very honourable, perhaps, but cowardice seems like a good survival strategy just now.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! 15th July 2010, 7:50 am

Is he going to create/join some kind of a boyband ASAP? Very Happy
#1!
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 15th July 2010, 8:32 pm

Now you mention it, the resemblance between Korr and Duran Duran Wild Boy Nick Rhodes is quite uncanny.

Korr Nick-Rhodes-duran-duran-2528705-273-31111
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 15th July 2010, 8:34 pm

i like this, a lot, mainly i guess because it makes the campaign less of a 'monsters' campaign, which i find tricky DMing wise.

am more keen on hearing about BG stuff mind, although i probably cant do a lot with it this time around for obvious reasons. maybe save any secrets for next DM... your call.

i might decide to change PC too but wait out on that, it matters not for the time being.

Last edited by illumination on 15th July 2010, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 15th July 2010, 8:34 pm

fuck me that is spooky....

Smile
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 15th July 2010, 10:13 pm

lol. Cunts.

I'll do the BG when I can be arsed, BGs don't really matter for the first few sessions and I think with multiple DMs that period will only last longer.

To be honest, most of the time BGs never even get looked at.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 2nd August 2010, 10:25 pm

Updated for blurb.

All leveling information will be added at the bottom of the sheet (along with gained equipment of note) to preserve the starting conditions of the PC.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 3rd August 2010, 3:35 am

k. no spoilers there really but having seen that i think im gonna hold off on doing similar on the forum for the reasons we already discussed. ill prob have a few questions on the above by the time im coming around to dm again.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 3rd August 2010, 3:37 am

btw, nothing in there about his past as an 80's pop star, is that the big secret?
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 3rd August 2010, 3:40 am

and i reckon possible factions could be any of:

trancendent order
believers of the source
indeps
athar
fated

probably in order of sensibleness.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 4th August 2010, 9:42 pm

Yes well. The above doesn't really mean anything, just some basics there. Got a feeling I shouldn't have bothered to be honest, probably says more than I really wanted.

Regardless, as said, his BG isn't even above really, it's in the extra 200 odd years of existence.

RE:Faction.

I dunno, some kinda wonky philosophy doens't really fit with Korr, at least now, or he fits into several different ones. I mean, any faction could cornshoe him into theirs pretty easily with some extended explaination, but he's more like a clueless that isn't clueless anymore.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 29th August 2010, 11:21 pm

Information at bottom updated for 6th level.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 30th October 2010, 10:13 pm

Iain can you put your xp on your character sheet please?
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum