Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drago Martel

5 posters

Go down

Drago Martel Empty Drago Martel

Post by DarkAstartes 13th November 2010, 8:54 am

Drago Martel Dark_Paladin_by_88grzes
Drago Martel

Statistics:

STR: 18 (16+1+1)
CON: 12
DEX: 10
INT: 10
WIS: 12
CHA:14

Race: Human
Class: Paladin4/Rogue2/Shadowbane Inquisitor 2
Alignment: Lawful Good
HP: 55
Initiative Modifier: 0
BAB: +7/+2
AC:18
Speed: 30 (20)

Fortitution: +9
Reflexderity: +6
Willdom: +6

Feats:

Power Attack
Cleave
Weapon Focus: Greatsword
Iron Will

Skills:

Gather information 8 (+2)
Hide 6
Intimidate 4 (+4)
Knowledge (religion) 5
Move Silently 6
Profession (Executioner) 6 (+1)
Sense Motive 5 (+1)
Ride 5
Spot 2 (+1)
Listen 2 (+1)

Class Abilities:
Absolute Conviction
Aura of Courage
Aura of Good
Divine Grace
Detect Evil (At will)
Divine Health
Evasion
Lay on hands (8hp/day)
Pierce Shadows
Sacred Stealth (+4)
Smite (1/day)
Smite Evil (1/day)
Sneak Attack (1d6)
Turn Undead

Equipment:
Adamantine Executioner's Greatsword
Masterwork Fullplate
Cloak of Shadows (as cloak of elvenkind but sounding less pussified)
Boots of Stealth (the same)
2 oils of magic weapon
2 oils of bless weapon
2 scrolls of Iron Silence
3 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds
Holy Symbol of Sol Invictus
875gp

Spell:

Level 1: 0+1
Level 2: 0
Level 3: 0
Level 4: 0

Bio: Drago Martel hails from the Prime Material world of Asturia, a world where the war against evil was won almost a century ago following a crusade by the world's many, mostly human comprised, knightly orders. The knights systematically exterminated all creatures of innate evil on the face of Asturia and set up a world government (controlled by them, naturally) which is currently declining slowly but surely into intolerance, xenophobia, and violent zealotry. Utterly convinced of their own rightousness, the orders slay any they judge to be corrupt (still via detect evil thankfully) out of hand in an ongoing process to ''purify'' the population of the evil within. Though they remain good at this point, it is only a matter of time before it is not just the evil who are killed, but the insufficiently good.

A member of a knightly order radical even by the standards of his homeworld, Drago is a firm believer in a policy of vicious, merciless, and relentless aggression against evil. Utterly convinced as to the superiority of his world and culture, who, after all defeated evil entirely on their world, (the fact that his brothers are treading an ever thinner line against it of course being neither here nor there) Drago quickly tired of executing the hapless fools who chose evil ways on his homeworld. He sees the next stage of the war being to purge the entire multiverse of evil, and has struck out on a solo quest to explore the other worlds of the Prime, earmarking those most in need of cleansing in a bloodbath of righteousness and holy justice on the day of his bright and glorious new crusade. Ever slightly paranoid and ever nursing slight delusions of granduer (only slight, obviously) Drago firmly believes it is his personal responsibility to see that the multiverse wide cleansing proceeds apace.

Last edited by DarkAstartes on 28th November 2010, 6:16 am; edited 11 times in total
DarkAstartes
DarkAstartes
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Drago Martel Empty Re: Drago Martel

Post by illumination 15th November 2010, 4:04 am

I think im gonna react to background and RP type stuff with these two PCs, and leave the rules side of things to those who know them better. (Stef/Iain).

Ok, its a well thought out prime world of origin and there are some hooks in there, its good to see some roleplaying notes etc.

I have a few concerns on the face of it though.

One, this is knight #2 currently in the process of creation, and I think two is probably kicking the arse out of it. Two, his views seem on the extreme side and I am concerned he would have difficulties getting into or on with the group as it stands. They are a neutral party overall but only really lean towards good. i wonder what he'd think of them.

illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 15th November 2010, 4:31 am

speaking of which, if you or any of the other new guys are about this eve ill pop into the openRPG server around 1900-1930 UK time. not sure if we'll do anything other than chat but the offers out there.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 15th November 2010, 6:29 am

I'll need to see more of the character before making comment on the stats, seems ok so far. What rulings do you need?

Same comment as for the other 'knight' type though. The group is strongly chaotic and with vaguely good leanings and I wonder how this character will interact within the group.
Tromador
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAstartes 15th November 2010, 10:45 am

I'd like to take the Shadowbane Inquisitor prestige class from Complete Adventurer. Basically its the paladin/rogue prestige class, sneak attack, some stealth, and a smite that doesnt stack with paladin smite evil but you can use on whoever you want, but no divine spell progression and only average skill points. Also gives the ability to freely take paladin and rogue levels.

Secondly, as more of a flavour aspect I'd like to use some rules from the Book of Vile Darkness and take ranks in profession (executioner) and walk around with an executioner's greatsword as my primary weapon. The only game effect is to give coup de gras attempts a higher chance for outright kills, it's mostly just to represent the character's past.

Other than that it's all straight up PHB.

As for the RP, If the party tends towards good it won't be a problem, I deliberatly didnt create the character to be one of those smite on sight paladins. The knights where he comes from don't kill neutral people yet, they just will start to in a hundred years or so. So long as the party isnt in the habit of actually performing overtly evil deeds I can't see there being a problem working with them.
DarkAstartes
DarkAstartes
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnBoy 15th November 2010, 6:15 pm

I whole have to also state my slight concerns about the alignment as, well i don't know if you've read any of the past logs of our storyline, but my pc (Velenur) has strayed somewhat from the chaotic/good side a little towards chaotic/evil, which is already casuing him some grief with Korr. Having another pc,, with even moe extreme views of being on the "Good" side may well be the end of Velenur, depending of course on how Velenur does things and reacts in his future progression as a PC. I'm not saying that it "WILL" be Velenurs downfall with this character but it makes things more uneasy.

Could be interesting RP of course.

2 knights are a no go as far as i'm concerned but i also have to point out that we already have a rogue class within our party in Tza'Rok who is a wizard/rogue, so our needs atm are pretty much taken care of. Aside from the concerns stated, I like the background and rp style indicated.
JohnBoy
JohnBoy
ZzZzap! Spaceman!
ZzZzap! Spaceman!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 15th November 2010, 10:07 pm

I have no drama with Shadow Inquisitor or Profession (Executioner).

Actually, I find the described regime heading inexorably into the realms of evil themselves, as they start slaying more and more innocents all in the name of righteousness becoming like the Spanish Inquisition - so a basically 'evil' skill fits right in with my image.

The only thing I will say is to look at the existing characters and build something which is comparable power-wise.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 15th November 2010, 10:22 pm

id give way to the majority but i personally much prefer a vanilla paladin 8th as i kinda bullied him into last night. but then everyone knows im not really into PrC's.

but it pisses on tza's bonfire doesnt it, sneaks etc.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnBoy 15th November 2010, 10:24 pm

yeah it does tbh.. sneaks and shit are Tza's speciality.
JohnBoy
JohnBoy
ZzZzap! Spaceman!
ZzZzap! Spaceman!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 15th November 2010, 10:33 pm

AND its basically a ftr/thief, which as we all know are better than thieves at more or less everything. Smile
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 15th November 2010, 11:06 pm

Depends how you play it really. I have no problem with the class. It sacrifices spells for other abilities and it's pretty balanced in my book.

Now, if you end up with a paladin who runs around being for all intents and purposes a rogue, picking locks, disarming traps, doing acrobatics and slinking around getting themselves into trouble, that will definately step on Tza's toes.

Oddly, I don't see this class like that. At least I'm hoping that's not the intention.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAstartes 16th November 2010, 2:42 am

You don't have to worry about me stepping on the rogue's toes, I intend to never take any of the 'rogue' skills like disarm trap or pick lock or whatnot, strictly hide/move silently, that is it. And at the end of the day, I have 10 dex and will be wearing plate, so even with the Inquisitor class abilities I'll never be close to as good at that as the rogue. It's not really a fighter/rogue I'm going for, just a paladin that has some stealth abilities.
DarkAstartes
DarkAstartes
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 16th November 2010, 3:04 am

Do it. Sounds interesting. Not that I've read the class.

Why not smash the STR down to 16? That'll give you some nice points for DEX. With the Power Attack multiplier for two-handed weaponry you'll never be short of damage anyway and it's only -1 BAB, which won't matter too much especially if the stealth allows you to get into positions to deny DEX to opponents and even flank.

With the other tank Knight the above could happen often too.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAstartes 16th November 2010, 3:22 am

Hmm, I was thinking about taking Str down to 17 as I said, but I don't want more than an average Dex. 1. it seems too much like the irritating powergaming my group paladin always did (ok, so I'll be wearing plate which has a max dex of +1, so 12 dex then....argh) and 2 it doesnt fit with the slow but purposeful feel I had in mind to how the character fights. If I put the points anywhere it would be Cha.
DarkAstartes
DarkAstartes
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 16th November 2010, 3:33 am

Totally your choice. Your character after all. I was merely making a suggestion.

I do have an innate issues with characters with flank banks of even figured stats however, especially with everything average and one very high. More so when the high stat is STR. That us why I was suggesting the point rebalance, it's not really a power thing at all.

Of course a couple more points of CHA would be infinitely more useful to you than a small BAB bonus and small (in theory) damage increase.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 16th November 2010, 5:21 am

Str for Cha might work well for you but it's up to you really.

We all know Baat hates even number builds, but it doesn't bother me much.

I rather like this character concept, even if I think any inquisitor is halfway to lawful evil already Smile
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAstartes 17th November 2010, 4:10 am

There's my equipment done, I decided I'm not ever going to replace the executioner's greatsword so I thought I'd make it Adamantine for added durability, it'll go well with the Improved Sunder bonus feat I get next level as well, even if I do think 3k is a bit steep. If I ever need to overcome damage reduction I'll apply the magic oils, in fact I may take Brew Potion at level 9 to make that easier.

Other than that is was just +5 hide and +5 move silently cloak and boots to compensate for the check penalty of fullplate. Half the price of getting mithral fullplate to reduce it by 3 and I wouldnt benefit from the increased max dex bonus anyway, so that's a bargain.
DarkAstartes
DarkAstartes
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 17th November 2010, 4:20 am

Good to go then, as far as I am concerned.

Sunder good... mixes things up from the usual "I hit, You hit" Smile
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 17th November 2010, 5:19 am

Great.

I'll removal the awaiting approvement shit then Very Happy
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 17th November 2010, 5:20 am

Oh.

Please have a look around for a picture. You'll need one for a miniature to be made from it for yourself.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAstartes 17th November 2010, 5:43 am

Ok, I found a picture I think is awsome on deviantart. It's a little darker than I was going for but I think it fits well enough.
DarkAstartes
DarkAstartes
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 17th November 2010, 6:12 am

*nods* Definately Smile Lawful Evil with an identity crisis.. hehe.

Still needing your email addy please. PM me if you like Smile
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 17th November 2010, 6:21 am

lol.

A good guy if I ever saw one Very Happy
^^Truth
^^Truth