Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shayreili Ferlynt

4 posters

Go down

Shayreili Ferlynt Empty Shayreili Ferlynt

Post by Debbonair 14th February 2011, 4:54 am

Shayreili Ferlynt 92341

Snow Elf
Duskblade 6, Abjurant Champion 4
Neutral

"Before my power, none can dwell since I excel at both sword and spell."

Stats
STR 10 (10 base) (
+0)
DEX 19 (16 base, 2 race, 1 lvl4) ( +4)
CON 14 (14 base) ( +2)
INT 15 (14 base, 1 lvl8) ( +2)
WIS 12 (12 base) ( +1)
CHA 6 (8 base, -2 race) (-2)

XP: 48,000
HP: 3d8(duskblade)+4d10(Ab Ch)+24(max first lvls)+
20(2/lvl from con) (84)
AC: 19
BAB: 10

Initiative Roll: 4
Base Speed: 30
Fortitude: 8 (6base +2con)
Reflex: 7 (3base +4dex)
Will: 10 (9base +1wis) ( +2 vs enchantments)

Feats
1st lvl- Improved Weapon Familiarity: All Exotic Weapons that have your race's name associated with them are considered Martial Weapons for you.

3rd lvl- Quick Draw: Draw weapon as free action

6th lvl- Steady Concentration: may always take 10 on concentration checks

9th lvl- Battle Casting: gain +2 dodge AC whenever you cast a spell until the beginning of your next turn
Skills
Climb: 5(5+0)
Concentration: 10(8+2) (+4 to cast defensive) (may always take 10)
Jump: 5(5+0)
Sense Motive: 3 (2+1)
Spellcraft: 10 (8+2)
Spot: 5 (2+1+2racial)
Survival: 7 (6+1) (+2 cold weather)
Craft Tailor: 7 (3+2+2racial)
Knowledge Arcana: 5 (3+2)
Knowledge Georaphy: 3 (1+2)
Knowledge Sigil: 4 (2+2)
Knowledge Nature: 9 (7+2)

Snow Elf Abilities:
+2 dex
-2 cha
medium size
30 move
immune to sleep
+2 listen, spot
lowlight vision
weap prof (longbows, longsword, rapier)
+2 save vs enchant
+4 fort saves vs cold weather and exposure
+2 one craft skill
+2 survival in cold weather

Duskblade Abilities:

Spells: int based
Spells/day: 6-0lvl, 8-1st, 7-2nd, 3-3rd
Spells Known: 4-0lvl (acid splash, disrupt undead, ray of fire, touch of fatigue) 5-1st lvl (blade of blood, burning hands, resist energy, shocking grasp, true strike) 4-2nd lvl (bear's endurance, deflect, scorching ray, see invisibility) 2-3rd lvl (vampiric touch, dispelling touch)

Arcane Attunement: can use dancing lights, detect magic, flare, ghost sound, and readmagic spell-like abilities 3+int times per day.

Armored Mage (light, med): doesn't suffer spell failure from light or med armor.

Combat Casting as bonus feat: +4 conc checks to cast defensive

Arcane Channeling: can cast any touch spell and deliver it with a melee atk as one standard action.

Quick Cast 1/day: can cast any spell as a swift action as long as it's normal time is standard action.

Spell Power: after hitting foe with melee atk, gain +2 spell penetration rolls against that enemy for the rest of the encounter.

Abjurant Champion Abilities:

Abjurant Armor: gain class lvl increase to any abjuration spell that grants an armor or shield bonus.

Extended Abjuration: all abjuration spells are treated as though extended without changing lvl or casting time.

Swift Abjuration: all abjuration spells of a lvl equal to or less than 1/2 class lvl rounded up are treated as quickened without increaseing lvl.

Arcane Boost: as a swift action, spend a spell slot to gain one of the folloing bonuses for 1 rnd: bonus of SL to atk, bonus of 2xSL to dmg, bonus of SL to AC, bonus of SL to saves, resistance to all energy types of 5xSL

Gear

Anarchic Cold Forged Iron Snap-Tong +3 (The Abyss)

1d10 ×2 — 10 lb. Piercing (enhancement bonus increases by 2 and deals +2d6 dmg vs lawful foes)

Snap-tong: This short polearm ends in a sharp spike that has one or more
crescent-shaped pincers designed close around it. A proficient wielder
that hits an opponent of at least one size category smaller can attempt
to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of
opportunity. If the wielder gets a hold, the snap-tong grabs the opponent
and deals 1d10 points of damage (plus the wielder’s Strength modifier)
each round the hold is maintained.

Everbright Greatsword +3 (Prime Material)

Elvencraft Elven Longbow +2
(Prime Material) (1d10 dmg, 20/x4 crit, 250 rng, can be used in melee
as a quarterstaff, cannot be composite)

Ghosttouch Silver Longsword +3 (Outlands)

Amulet of Toxin Delay

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds x1

Potion of Lesser Restoration

Scrolls of Antimagic Shield, Remove Curse, Dismissal

Elven Chain (mithril chaimail, armor 5, maxdex 4)

Background

Alrighty, got the background done... I'm a bit surprised at how it turned out, I didn't think it would be quite so much but when I started typing, it just kinda naturally flowed... also got a little bit better notion of a personality, but still no where near as developed as my existing chars. Anyway, here it is:

Born and raised on the ice world of... (so tempted to say Hoth, lol... need to find a material plane with a cold climate)... life was hard and survival far from guaranteed. The sudden ice storms, the frigid tempetures, and powerful yetis ensured that only the strongest, the luckiest, or the wisest of the snow elves lived to maturity. Shayreili Ferlynt was not really any of these, but his skill with both magic and swordsmanship enabled him get by where so many of his kind perished.

One day it was nearly not enough. He had misread the weather and was far from camp when an ice storm- the most deadly weather phenomenon in the world- decended upon him. He instantly called upon his magic to defend himself, one spell to protect against the extreame cold and another to deflect the razor sharp ice shards propelled by the wind to such a velocity that they would pierce clean through all but the thinkest tree trunks. fortunatly, through much use and experimentation, he had discovered a means of making his protective spells last much longer than others, but he knew that they would not outlast the storm- which would persist anywhere from a couple hours to several days. If he did not find shelter before his power waned, he would die and likely his body would never be found.

As the wind howled and the ice was deflected by his magic, he sought the inner calm within his mind; pushing all distraction away and thinking desperatly on the lay of land around his current location. Success! he remembered a yeti cave not far away. He just might make it if he didn't get lost in the white-out conditions. He certainly didn't relish the idea of single handedly taking on 2-5 yetis, but any chance at all was far preferable to certain death in the storm. He closed his eyes and headed off though the storm, relying on his sense of direction where sight was impossible.

His direction sense proved far more reliable than his weather sense. Just as the last of his magic gave out and his body was preforated by ice crystals, he stumbled into the cave he sought. He looked around in relief, which quickly turned to fear then despair, as he saw that no less than 4 of the mighty beasts inhabited this cave. Dranied of power and bleeding freely from dozens of deep gashes, he gripped his blade with both hands and and prepared to sell his life dearly. The largest yeti charged, swinging at him with it's massive claw. Had he been in peak condition, the clumsy swipe would have been easiliy dodged. Had he had a single shred of power remaining, the blow would've fell harmlessly against the solid barrier of his magic. As it was, he had niether. His world went red then black as he flew across the cave towards the wall.

He awoke to find himself laying on a soft bed with a human woman adjusting one of the many bandages which covered his body, a kind and concerned look upon her face.

Much later, after he had made a full recovery, he learned that he had been propelled through a previously unknown portal which deposited his broken and bleeding body in the study of one of sigil's nobles by the name of (need a name here, a lesser noble who had a smallish estate with a fe servents, no familiy, who has recently passed away). The man called for medical attension right away and assigned his maid to watch over this strange elf. Shayreili discovered that the portal he had come through would not allow passage back, but in truth, that didn't overly bother him as he had no real desire to return to that hell. He had not yet taken a wife and his parents had perished in an ice storm some years back so he had little attachment there except for a few freinds.

He offered his services to the noble as payment for saving his life and has served him faithfully for the past 3 yrs and got know a little about his new home. But an end will come to all things in time, and his beloved master has recent passed on. With no heirs to inherit the estate, it was purchased by some demonic creature which Shayeili has no wish to associate with. He gathered his weapons and a belt with the few coins that he has, puts on the fine armor his master bought him to replace the shredded yeti hides he wore upon arrival, got a little food from his freind the cook, and headed out into sigil with the intent on finding a fighters guild or joining the city guard or something else to provide himself with the coin he needs to get a new dwelling...

Last edited by Debbonair on 6th March 2011, 7:10 am; edited 5 times in total
Debbonair
Debbonair
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Shayreili Ferlynt Empty Re: Shayreili Ferlynt

Post by Debbonair 18th February 2011, 9:16 am

I don't really care what else you give him for magic items, but I'd really like to request one thing:

Combine his sword and bow into the magical Elven Swordbow... It's a weapon that can shift between bow form and sword form with only a thought (free action) allowing you to combine melee and ranged atks as desired in a full attack action. both bow and sword have a +1 enhancement bonus and can be further enchanted as if enchanting a double weapon (2x cost) it can only be used by an elf. base cost is 6,670.
Debbonair
Debbonair
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 19th February 2011, 11:04 am

oli, rob. would be cool if you guys could get some pic's together before tomorrow so i can do some minis.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbonair 19th February 2011, 11:09 am

Ah, righto. nearly forgot about the pic... let me see what I can find here in the last hour before the lib closes... hate that it closes at 6 on fri and the weekends.
Debbonair
Debbonair
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 19th February 2011, 11:20 am

As per my email, the survival bonus is cold climate (arctic) only, not generally.
Tromador
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 19th February 2011, 11:28 am

Shayreili Ferlynt Fat_elf_by_s_u_u_n-d30xk2v

Look good? :)
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 19th February 2011, 11:36 am

Shayreili Ferlynt Sick%20elf

He could do this to everyone he meets, I'd call that Charisma 6 :)

Last edited by ^^Truth on 19th February 2011, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 19th February 2011, 11:40 am

I think this picture suits Charisma 6, I'll edit in some Elf ears if you like, free of charge.

Shayreili Ferlynt Brian_peppers1
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbonair 19th February 2011, 11:42 am

... very funny y'all. nah, I was picturing some kinda hard and weathered look... sorta like this one:

Shayreili Ferlynt 92341

...but I'm still looking.
Debbonair
Debbonair
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 19th February 2011, 11:43 am

Maybe he could be a raging alcoholic?

Shayreili Ferlynt Tourettes_Elf_by_ElPufferfish
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 19th February 2011, 11:51 am

Nice picture man, looks like a right scary bastard. Unfortuntely intimidate is CHA based and you don't have the skills, so maybe this guy instead?

Shayreili Ferlynt 1263844717763

Nah.

Just fucking you, all done being a cock now Smile
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbonair 19th February 2011, 11:52 am

well, out of time for today unless by some miracle I have wifi when I get back to my place... I'll try to get on a bit early tomorrow and look around a bit more. if not then just use the one that I posted above for now.
Debbonair
Debbonair
Fweeble
Fweeble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 19th February 2011, 11:55 am

Shayreili Ferlynt Gayelf
hmm?
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 19th February 2011, 9:59 pm

lol
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 19th February 2011, 10:08 pm

my fave one is 1240am's offering. Smile

actually rob's suggestion isnt too far off, add a bad attitude and some poor personal hygiene and i think we're getting to around the CHA 6 level. lemmie know when we're happy with it and ill mini it up.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 19th February 2011, 10:27 pm

Magic Gear:

Everbright Greatsword +3 (Prime Material)
Elvencraft Elven Longbow +2 (Prime Material) (1d10 dmg, 20/x4 crit, 250 rng, can be used in melee as a quarterstaff, cannot be composite, nonmagic)
Ghosttouch Silver Longsword +3 (Outlands)
Amulet of Toxin Delay
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds x2
Potion of Lesser Restoration
Scrolls of Antimagic Shield, Remove Curse, Dismissal
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 20th February 2011, 4:05 am

you'll note the absence of a elven superdooper sword, like trom i dont think its balanced so they're on the prohibited list. the bow was okay i guess, if you insist so you have a magic one, although if it were normal id have gone +3 for you. - which is important.

overall, ive had to be careful with kit for this PC because unlike the ranger 9, i really have no idea what combos and stuff you are likely to be throwing together. we'll see how it pans out.

starting XP 44,000 for both new level 9 PCs as some other PCs arent far off 11. i think we should get the group to close up a bit, XP wise or the gaps could become a drama.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum